Posted by Jim McDonald on March 19, 2012
Catch up with Noosa Greens Candidate Jim McDonald and read what he says on various election topics.
Jim has covered a wide range of issues during the election. They include:
- Greens candidate says Noosa campaign a policy-free zone: http://www.mysunshinecoast.com.au/articles/article-display/greens-candidate-says-noosa-campaign-a-policy-free-zone,25180
- Answers to Noosa Journal’s candidate questions [not published in final edition]: http://www.mysunshinecoast.com.au/articles/article-display/noosa-journals-questions,25195
- Speech to Dying with Dignity Queensland, 21/3/2012: http://qld.greens.org.au/content/speech-dying-dignity-qld
Development in the Junction: Greens candidate opposes transforming Noosa Junction into fast food hub
Working Queenslanders: Noosa Greens candidate backs Queensland Council of Unions’ Charter for Working Queenslanders
- Seniors: Qld Greens will work to support Seniors in Noosa
Health: Noosa Greens candidate welcomes Health Launch and Qld Noosa health services require an integrated approach: Greens
Live Music: Greens candidate supports live music in Noosa
- Dying with dignity: Qld Greens Candidate says jail for assisted suicide is wrong solution
- Water: Qld Greens call for return of Noosa’s water supply assets See also: http://qld.greens.org.au/content/return-water-assets-council
- Coal & Gas: Qld Sunshine Coast Council must oppose coal and gas exploration on the Sunshine Coast To see Jim’s comments on coal, CSG and Food security over the past 2 years see: http://widebaygreens.org/?s=coal and http://widebaygreens.org/?s=food+security
- Election: Qld: Greens ready for March election
- De-amalgamation: Qld Greens candidate says the debate on a new Noosa Council misses the most important issue See Campaign Launch speech: http://qld.greens.org.au/content/queensland-greens-noosa-campaign-launch and http://qld.greens.org.au/content/lnp-de-amalgamation-plan-fails-noosa
- Noosa Biosphere: http://qld.greens.org.au/content/standing-noosa-biosphere-means-standing-sandy-straits-biosphere
- Noosa’s Prosperity: http://qld.greens.org.au/content/letter-noosa-chamber-commerce See Campaign Launch speech: http://qld.greens.org.au/content/queensland-greens-noosa-campaign-launch
- In response to an independent candidate’s policy to legalise drugs: http://qld.greens.org.au/content/greens-specifically-rule-out-legalisation-drugs
- Speech to Noosa Parks Association on environmental matters: http://qld.greens.org.au/content/speech-noosa-parks-association
- My 30 second pitch to Mary-Lou Stevens “In the elevator” on ABC Coast FM:
Noosa voters should vote for me because I am an experienced advocate with vision.
I’ll introduce a Private Members Bill for a plebiscite so that Noosa residents can decide on de-amalgamation.
I want a prosperous Noosa that is prepared for the new economy and for climate change, with regional food security, a Coast served by light rail and connecting to fast trains, a region with its own renewable energy sources, and jobs in clean industries.
I’ll push to get the Noosa GPs After Hours Service put back in the hospital to take pressure off emergency services.
I’ll oppose any exploitation of the coal reserves under the Coast.
And I don’t owe vested interests any favours It will be the people I owe.
Jim has been activiely campaigning to get some decent representation of Noosa into the parliament. More information available on the following sites: